2.1When completing your booking with us, we may ask for a small deposit from 5-10% of the value of the job, the rest is payable on completion of the project. In consideration of Your use of the Website, You agree to: (a) provide accurate, current, and complete information about You as may be prompted by a registration form on the Website (the “Registration Data”); (b) maintain the security of your password and identification; (c) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data, and any information You provide to Hampshire Surfacing, to keep it accurate, current and complete; and (d) accept all risks of unauthorized access to information and Registration Data. You have sole responsibility for adequate protection and backup of data and/or equipment used in connection with the Website.
2.2 You agree that You will not use the Website to: (a) transmit spam, bulk or unsolicited communications; (b) pretend to be Hampshire Surfacing or someone else, or spoof Hampshire Surfacing or someone else’s identity; (c) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers (including URLs) in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Services; (d) misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (e) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to use the Website; (f) engage in activities that would violate any fiduciary relationship, any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any regulations having the force of law, including but not limited to attempting to compromise the security of any networked account or site, operating an illegal lottery or gambling operation, stalking, or making threats of harm; or (g) collect or store personal data about other users unless specifically authorized by such users.
3.1 You may obtain direct access via the Website to certain confidential information of Hampshire Surfacing and its suppliers, including without limitation technical, contractual, product, program, pricing, marketing and other valuable information that should reasonably be understood as confidential (“Confidential Information”). You must hold Confidential Information in strict confidence. Title to Confidential Information remains with Hampshire Surfacing and its suppliers.
3.2 Your obligations regarding Confidential Information expire five (5) years after the date of disclosure. Upon termination of the Terms or Hampshire Surfacing written request, You must cease use of Confidential Information and return or destroy it.
You may find links to other Internet sites or resources on the Website. You acknowledge and agree that Hampshire Surfacing is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Hampshire Surfacing will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any actual or alleged damage or loss caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
5.1 Except as expressly authorized by Hampshire Surfacing or by Content providers, You agree not to reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, mirror, frame, republish, download, transmit, or create derivative works of the Content of others, in whole or in part, by any means. You must not modify, decompile, or reverse engineer any software Hampshire Surfacing discloses to You, and You must not remove or modify any copyright or trademark notice, or other notice of ownership.
5.2 Hampshire Surfacing is committed to respecting others’ intellectual property rights, and we ask our users to do the same. If You believe that Your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement on our Website, please contact us.
7.1 The Terms constitute the entire agreement between You and Hampshire Surfacing relating to their subject matter, and cancel and supersede any prior versions of the Terms. No modification to the Terms will be binding, unless in writing and signed by an authorized Hampshire Surfacing representative. You must not assign or otherwise transfer the Terms or any right granted hereunder. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when You use Hampshire Surfacing or third-party products or services.
7.2 You agree that any material breach of Sections 2, 3, 4, 6, and 10 of the Terms will result in irreparable harm to Hampshire Surfacing for which damages would be an inadequate remedy and, therefore, in addition to its rights and remedies otherwise available at law, Hampshire Surfacing will be entitled to equitable relief, including both a preliminary and permanent injunction, if such a breach occurs. You waive any requirement for the posting of a bond or other security if Hampshire Surfacing seeks such an injunction.
7.3 Rights and obligations under the Terms which by their nature should survive will remain in full effect after termination or expiration of the Terms.
7.4 The Website may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements may include statements regarding market expectations and opportunities, expectations about financials, research and development and strategies, statements concerning Hampshire Surfacing roadmaps, market share growth, and product and service development and introduction, and our continuous evaluation of the competitiveness of our product and service offerings. These forward-looking statements are just predictions and involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from results discussed in the forward-looking statements. Factors that may cause such a difference include risks related to adverse changes in general economic conditions, failure to reduce costs, lack of success in technical advancements, the timely development, production and acceptance of new products and services, and Hampshire Surfacing ability to compete in a highly competitive and rapidly changing marketplace.
7.5 Any express waiver or failure to exercise promptly any right under the Terms will not create a continuing waiver or any expectation of non-enforcement. If any provision of the Terms is held invalid by any law or regulation of any government, or by any court or arbitrator, the parties agree that such provision will be replaced with a new provision that accomplishes the original business purpose, and the other provisions of the Terms will remain in full force and effect.
By going ahead with any works with Hampshire Surfacing & Sons Ltd you agree to all of the following terms:
1. Any contract between the company & the customer is entered into by the company & the customer on the clear understanding that the contract is governed by the company’s terms and conditions that such are not invalidated by any action on the part of the customer, & acceptance of the company’s quotation by the customer will signify acceptance of these terms & conditions.
2. When the company reinforces the surfaces sub base & exercises all responsible care & attention to compress at its discretion to minimise the chance of sinkage / cracking, no guaranty is given against sinkage / cracking.
3. Whilst the company will exercise every reasonable effort to achieve a consistent surface, the nature of the process causes variations & accordingly no guarantee is given as to consistency of materials / workmanship.
4. Whilst the company will exercise every possible care during the installation process, by the nature of the materials and process used it is unavoidable that apparent variation of texture and colour may accrue, the company cannot guaranty colour & texture matching to closer tolerances than those inherent in the materials & process used.
5. The company shall not be liable to the customer for any minor departures from the contract, specification or drawing made necessary by site conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
6. The company holds no responsibility for any tree roots being damaged in the process of the works or any roots damaging the area after the works are complete, the customer holds all responsibility for tree roots within & around the site.
7. In the event of payment not being made within the terms set out herein the company shall be entitled to charge, on a daily basis until payment has been received, at a rate of 3% above National Westminster Bank Plc base rate prevailing during the period of such default together with any costs which are incurred in the collection of such debt.
8. Unless otherwise agreed in writing the company’s terms of payment are as follows: the first deposit of 20% of the contracted price payable with order; 30% on commencement; 50% on the same working day of work completion.
9. The company shall not be liable for any damage (this includes the entire property area), loss or personal injury whatsoever arising consequent upon or incidental to the contract works referred to in the quotation, either during the period of construction or at any time thereafter, subject to the provisions of the unfair terms act 1977 (or any amending legislation).
10. In the event of there being any defect in any materials supplied by the company or any inadequacies in the workmanship carried out by the company, the company’s liability is restricted at its sole discretion to repairing free of charge the materials or work found to be defective, provided that the customer notifies the company in writing within five days of discovery.
11. Any damage that the customer alleges is the responsibility of the company must be notified in writing to the company in five days of occurrence, but accept as otherwise stipulated in these terms & conditions the company shall in no circumstances whatsoever be liable for any loss or damage sustained by the customer or any other person or for any damage to property howsoever caused arising directly or in consequence of any act or omission by the company or any defect in any materials used or supplied, including loss from delay, or liability to third parties nor shall it be responsible for the cost of reinstating the contract site, and these terms & conditions represent the entire liability of the company in respect of all warranties and guarantees as to quality, fitness or description which maybe implied by statute or common law.
12. Where quotations provide for excavation work the company assumes that it will be in normal subsoil & that no hidden obstacles will be encountered during the work & no unforeseen circumstances & / or interference with the routes of services such as water, gas, electricity, telephone, drainage etc not previously advised to the company to exist are met with, & if additional work is required to overcome problems from such sources, then the company reserves the right to charge for any additional work involved.
13. In addition to its statutory obligations the company warrants that within a period of 12 months from the date of completion.
14. Any defect should be notified in writing to the company as soon as it is practicable. The company will use its reasonable endeavours to investigate & remedy any such defect where appropriate within a reasonable time scale.
15. Surfacing products require a curing period after laying operations have been completed; upon completion of the contract works the company will advise the customer of the appropriate length of this period.
16. The customer will be responsible for providing complete free & easy access to the working area of the site for delivery of the company’s materials, machinery, etc.
17. The customer is responsible for the safe keeping and protection of the site.
18. The company holds no responsibility for weeds, roots & shrubbery. All weeds are maintained solely by the customer, the company takes no responsibility for weeds coming from deep below the depths or seeds from above the surface dropping down, we advice regular weed killer by the customer to help prevent weeds.
19. Once tarmac is laid, walking on it is possible after a few hours & driving 4 days in winter & 5 days in summer. Tarmac takes 6 months to fully settle, please take care driving on it & don’t turn your steering wheel stationary to avoid scuffing it. Every summer in heat waves the tarmac can be reactivated by the heat & again you’ll have to take extra care. The company holds no responsibility for any of the above and is solely the customers due care required.
20. The customer provides access to water & electricity on site during the works.
Quite happy with overall completed work. I have already recommended to a friend.
Check a Trade Client
Thanks again to Lewis and his team for the superb job they did on our driveway/front garden. Very happy to recommend their services to anyone… The work was completed to a very good standard, and on time and to budget. We were kept informed on the progress and process throughout. The team performed the task with the minimum of fuss, noise and mess. It has even had a postive effect on traffic – with cars slowing as they pass to admire!
“Thankyou for doing a lovely job laying our artificial grass it looks great”.
We are over the moon with the work done. He is a very hard worker. He was easy to contact. The job is really good.
Check a Trade Client
Very quick and they did a brilliant job, I couldn’t fault them, lovely lads.
Check a Trade Client
He was pleasant, reliable , overall very happy with the job.
Check a Trade Client